Who we are:
Conscious Creamery is a Sacramento-based family craft dairy-free gelato maker. All of our recipes are developed in-house and are from scratch. We are a completely vegan kitchen.
We’re looking to build our team with energetic people who are enthusiastic about preparing delicious food and growing with our company.
Gelato Prep and Production Person.
Under the direction of the head gelato maker, perform a variety of food preparation and kitchen duties in the clean room and kitchen following impeccable health and safety practices.
Wage: $12-$14 hr.
Hours: Part time to start, 20-30 hours, potential to work into full time.
Essential Job Functions:
Take the lead in daily kitchen set-up and clean-up.
Participate in all aspects of gelato and gelato bar preparation and packaging.
Assist in making sure all state, local and departmental health, safety and sanitation regulations are observed and implemented.
Participate in a daily kitchen-cleaning schedule for the site, including weekly deep clean.
Thorough cleaning and sanitizing of workstations/s throughout shift as necessary and at the end of shift including mopping and warewashing (automatic dishwasher and hand washing) as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Licenses, Certificates, Knowledge, Abilities, Etc.):
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school or GED, university and/or culinary school.
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Understanding and practical skills in the fundamentals of food preparation. Experience in plant-based food preparation is a plus, but will train.
Safe handling of hot liquids; proficiency in the safe use of ovens; knives, high speed blenders, food processors, immersion blenders and other sharp kitchen utensils.
Safe food handling: Knowledge and implementation of safe time and temperature practices.
Proper hand washing practices and use of disposable gloves; impeccable personal hygiene.
ABILITY TO :
- Arrive to work at scheduled time ready to work.
- Work and communicate effectively with other staff members and customers.
- Work independently.
- Stand on feet during work hours.
- Lift and move 50 pounds.
- Read and follow recipes.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, use commercial convection oven, commercial stand mixer, measuring tools, scales, sheet pans, carts and racks.
- Experience using a batch freezer is a plus, but we will train.
- Wear aprons, hats, hair scarves, bandanas or hair nets (a must) to fully restrain hair (including facial hair), non-skid, close-toed shoes, disposable gloves and other required gear while on shift.
- Measure and weigh (including metric weight/measure) ingredients and perform basic mathematical calculations.
No finger rings (other than a single band), long or artificial nails (including gels) or nail polish are allowed.